Soma Yoga Retreats
Please read the information below, as it includes important details for your journey.
As we take care of our guests along the way during your Yoga holiday in Greece,
the following questions and answers are the most commonly asked by our clients.
1) What about transfers, does someone greet me and where do I meet them?
Soma Yoga Retreats has added transfers to and from the retreat on Nisyros, based on your trip selection. Our meet and greet services are there to assist and communicate information needed to help you to your destination, safely and promptly.
Depending on your trip selection, all transfer information, meeting points etc, will be provided once we receive your payment.
For our Athens program, airport transfers are group transfers, so depending on your flight arrival time there may be some waiting, in order for the other guests to arrive.
2) What if I have any food allergies or strictly vegetarian?
The Greek cuisine is one of the healthiest in the world, due to its variety of
fresh produce and local delicacies. Our daily meals include something for everyone.
Please notify us of any food restrictions you may have, prior to your retreat.
3) What do I need to bring and wear to the retreat?
As Greece is a warm and sunny country, light packing and clothing is recommended.
Yoga mats and props will be provided on the retreat.
• Light cotton clothing, easy to wash and air dry (no laundry facilities)
• Personal medications and amenities
• Comfortable yoga wear, our classes are held outside
• Light sweater or jacket, nights can be cool
• Good walking shoes, high SPF sunscreen, hat and good sunglasses
• Bathing suit, sandals, water shoes, blow dryer and small backpack
• Electrical adapter
• Currency is Euros, valid passport, travel and medical insurance
4) I have never done Yoga before, is this retreat for me? And which type?
Yes, our retreat is for everyone, no matter of experience or age.
Many of our guests come from all levels, from extreme beginner to advanced.
We recommend you take your time with your practice. Our certified instructors
are fully trained to teach classes with multi levels of experience.
Our age groups range from 18 to 80 years old!
We wish to offer a variety of Yoga styles throughout your holiday with us.
We offer Hatha, Ashtanga and Yin, combined with Meditation classes as well.
5) I am a single guest travelling, is there a single supplement?
Most of our guests are single travellers, so we do not charge an extra huge
supplement to have your own room. We offer one price for all, single or
double occupancy. We found the pricing difference between the categories too
small, so we incorporated a one price policy.
6) You call it “all inclusive”, but lunches are not included, why?
We wish to give our clients some free time for themselves, while on the retreat.
Due to the heat of mid day, most guests wish to have a light snack, go to the beach
rest, take a nap, or have some alone time to absorb the benefits of their Yoga practice,
and to explore the beautiful surroundings. We encourage our guests to go out and
explore the local culture and meet the residents, on their own!
We learn about others, while we learn about ourselves!
7) How about laundry, internet service and electrical voltage in Greece.
Please bring light cotton, easy to dry clothing with you, as there are no laundry
facilities on Nisyros. Many guests simply bring their own detergent and wash within
their own rooms. Due to the dry heat, cloths dry very quickly. Everyone has a balcony
as well for drying outside.
Internet service is free while at the hotel. Voltage is 220, so please bring an adaptor.
8) What else is not included in the price?
All Airfares to and from and within Greece. Book early to get the best pricing.
The national airline of Greece is, Aegean Airlines. They have all domestic routes
with connections to the rest of Europe.
Medical and Travel insurance is highly recommended for peace of mind while travelling
abroad. Remember to also have a valid passport for entering Greece.
Do you have any more questions or concerns?
Simply contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
We hope to meet you in the future, on our next Yoga retreat in Greece